sáb, 28 oct|
Franklin Canyon Lower Ranch Parking Lot
WODOC x Feminist Bird Club LA: Birding and Moonlight Hike
Want to learn more about birds and hike under the Full Moon? Join WODOC and Feminist Bird Club LA for this special collaboration in Franklin Canyon Park! We'll be hiking the Hastain Trail under the moonlight to a scenic hilltop for a group birding session. *REGISTRATION REQUIRED TO ATTEND*
Time & Location
28 oct, 17:30 – 20:30
Franklin Canyon Lower Ranch Parking Lot, 1923 Franklin Canyon Drive
About the Event
***REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED TO ATTEND THIS PROGRAM. IF YOU ARE NOT REGISTERED ON THE CNC WEBSITE, UNFORTUNATELY FOR SAFETY REASONS YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE.***
Please take 5 minutes to read the following description for this program.
Join us for a three hour interpretive program hosted by Community Nature Connection in Franklin Canyon Park. This program will consist of a ~2 hour long guided hike under the light of the full moon. The Hastain Trail is a little over 2 miles and consists of a decent amount of elevation so please make sure you prepare accordingly! Meeting place is at the Lower Ranch parking lot (see directions information below).
What to bring & how to prepare:
- Please arrive on time as the group will be leaving the parking lot by 6PM at the latest.
- Wear sturdy and comfortable closed toe shoes that you do not mind getting dirty.
- Bring a water bottle and snacks
- Masks are not required outside and around the park. Please see "Covid Guidelines" at the bottom of this description for further details.
- Weather appropriate clothing & layers if necessary.
- Feel free to bring cameras/ tripods for photography purposes. Keep in mind that you will have to carry everything throughout the diration of the hike so it is highly suggested not to bring any equiptment that is too heavy.
- Please familiarize yourself with the following: Covid Guidelines and the Activity and Photo Release Form. Please feel free to fill out your Activity and Photo Release waivers in advance and bring them with you. Extra copies of the Release Form will be available upon arrival, to complete and sign and signatures are required in order to participate in the program.
THE ADDRESS LISTED IN THE REGISTRATION WILL ONLY LEAD YOU TO THE SOUTHERN GATE ENTRACE. PLEASE REVIEW THE "DIRECTIONS" PORTION BELOW FOR DETAILS ON HOW TO GET TO THE MEET UP LOCATION ONCE YOU ARE INSIDE THE PARK.
- DIRECTIONS: Prior to the event please review the following Directions to Franklin Canyon Park- Lower Ranch Parking Lot. Please make sure you are taking the southern entrance to Franklin Canyon Park ONLY (see details below regarding northern road closure). Participants will be meeting in the south parking lot in Franklin Canyon Park, Franklin Canyon Ranch. Once you have passed the park gate and are headed north on Franklin Canyon Drive, at the first STOP sign (you will see a stone house on your right), make that right on Lake Drive. The Lower Ranch parking lot will be on the left at the end of the road. DO NOT PARK AT THE HASTAIN TRAIL HEAD, CONTINUE DOWN TO THE PARKING LOT AT THE END OF THE ROAD.
*****Due to road damage the northern entrance to Franklin Canyon (from the Valley via Coldwater Canyon) is currently closed! Please use the southern entrance (from Beverly hills via Beverly Hills Drive) to access the park.****
For questions or concerns please contact WODOC @communitynatureconnection.org.
WODOC Program Ticket
You do not need to print this ticket. There will be a sign-in table at the event. Please plan to arrive 10-15 minutes early for check in.0,00 US$